Wednesday 2 April 2008

My lunch today, Clear Spinach Soup

This dish is one of my favourite. Bring back the memory of after school lunch. I love to eat it with garlic chilli paste. Great for hot days, served with rice or just the way it is.

I don't cook this dish that often because I don't come across fingerroot spice that often but few days ago I saw spinach theme recipes on one of my Multiply contacts, then of course I remember this one.

Here is the recipe:
CLEAR SPINACH SOUP

Ingredients:
1 bag of spinach
2 corn on a cob, cut into 6
1 liter water/stock
5 shallots, slice
3 cm fingerroot, smash
1 lemon grass, smash
1 tbsp sugar
1.5 tsp salt

Method:
Boil water/stock, add all the ingredients except spinach and leave it until the sweet corns are cooked.
Stir in the spinach and take of from the heat. Pick out the fingerroot and lemon grass before serving.


Garlic Chilli Paste:
3 Red chillies
1 clove of garlic
a pinch of salt
1 tbsp cooking oil, heated

Put all the ingredients except the oil in to mortar and mash them into paste, then add the hot oil.

1 comment:

titanic said...

I will bring u a pack of finger-root to make your spinach clear soup as original as it could be :)

I believe POPEYE will love your spinach clear soup hahahaha